Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Happy Ascension Day!



O Christ God, Thou hast ascended in glory, granting joy to Thy disciples by the promise of the Holy Spirit. Through the blessing they were assured that Thou art the Son of God, the Redeemer of the world! -- Troparion of the Ascension


Thus concluded the earthly work of our Lord Jesus Christ, and began His heavenly work. He has gone to prepare a place for us in heaven. In His Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, he would have told us! I can't wait to see them!

I just got home from a rare treat: serving a (Vesperal) Divine Liturgy together with my pastor Fr. Matthew. Due both to mine and his frequent travels, this has only happened a handful of times this year, and only three times since the first of March.

It became obvious to me on Pascha that it must be an unofficial tradition for Orthodox bloggers to put a family picture on their blog on Pascha. I didn't know that, but I resolved to do likewise. Because my entire family has been at St. Joseph's only twice since Pascha, we haven't had much of a chance to take pictures in our Sunday best. The first photo session was a total flop. You try getting 6 people, including three small children, to all look good at the same time!

The second session was a LITTLE better, so I thought I would include the best of the pictures as a way of wishing you a blessed Ascension Day. Christine (the runt) looks a little grumpy, but believe me, the other pictures were even worse!

May the Lord bless all of you as you look toward Pentecost!


The Earlys: Fr. James, Kh. Jennifer, Audrey, Courtney, Beth, and Christine


2 comments:

Clint said...

Father, bless.

What a great looking family. You know, I was just thinking... my 7 year old son is starting to think that some girls are 'pretty' and things like that. We might have to keep a close watch on him when we are around your family....

Seriously, thanks for sharing the picture. My family enjoys getting to put faces with names.

See you soon.

Wade said...

That is a beautiful family you have there Fr. James. I have a picture of my whole gang on my desk and it often makes me think that the years of raising them is almost over and I kind of lament that. Truthfully though Camille has done the vast majority of the "raising". Savor them while they are young.
-Wade