Sunday, June 22, 2008

A Proud Papa Brags on His Kid

This is a picture of my oldest daughter Audrey on her 17th birthday (April 24 of this year). She is holding up my gift to her, a Russian Orthodox three-bar cross. Man, do I ever love this kid!

This afternoon, I noticed that Audrey was furiously typing away on the computer. At one point, she even had her Orthodox Study Bible open and was obviously referring to it as she typed. I wondered what she was doing, but because I was very busy with household chores and then mowing the lawn, I didn't take the time to ask what she was doing.

Later, I found out that she was in the process of starting not one, but two blogs. One is more personal, and the other is more theological (a chip off the old block, perhaps? Naaaaaah...)

I just got through reading her theological blog, and I couldn't believe what I read. I knew she was a good writer, but I didn't know the half of it. It is amazing, at least in my humble opinion. (Of course, I am just slightly biased...). It was great, especially for a 17-year-old. I strongly encourage you to read her blog, which you can do by clicking here. If you wouldn't mind, leave a comment, telling her how beautiful, smart, and insightful she is and encouraging her to write more. I know that she will be grateful. (Don't tell her I asked you to do so!).

By the way, Audrey's other blog is also worth a look. Have you ever seen an eight-foot statue of Yoda, made entirely of Legos? I may be wrong, but I dare say that you probably haven't. If you would like to, click here. (We made a family outing to the only "Lego Store" in Texas this afternoon.)

May the Lord bless each of you. Have a great week this week.

2 comments:

Audrey said...

Thanks Daddy (:

It's nice to know all my nice comments were only at your request! Just kidding. Love you

Audrey said...

By the way, that is a terrible picture of me, I can't believe you posted it! Just kidding again. But really, it is a terrible picture