Thursday, July 17, 2008

Book Publication Delayed

Just a quick note to let you know that the publication date for my forthcoming book From Baptist to Bosnia to Byzantium (Regina Orthodox Press) has been pushed back to next January.

Also, my friend and fellow blogger Steve Robinson just published a great post on his blog Pithless Thoughts. Steve writes:

I think it was Dave Barry who said something like, if you want to really know someone just watch how they treat waiters and waitresses. It doesn't matter if the waiters are good or bad, there is a dynamic of human interaction between diner and waiter that reveals the true character of someone.

This is a cheap and easy personality test. If you are dating someone, if you want to know what a potential employee/employer is like, if you want to REALLY know your boss or even your priest (or any spiritual relation), take them to a decent restaurant when it is fairly busy. Then just watch them interact with the wait staff.

Click here for the rest of the article (which I HIGHLY recommend):

May the Lord bless you.

2 comments:

Clint said...

That is too bad on the delay. I was really looking forward to getting my hands on a copy in a few weeks. But I guess a few months isn't too long to wait, either.

It will be worth the wait...

charlene said...

Fr. James,
Good things are woth waiting for, and I have no doubt your book will be a "good thing". I look forward to reading it when it does appear.
How does one treat the waiter? I believe the blogger is right on! At a college or scjool setting youcan check how people treat the janitorial staff.
Charlene