Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Couples' Retreat!

Many of you who read this do not live anywhere near Texas, but for those who do, I thought I would announce an upcoming retreat that I am organizing, and which will be led by my friend and brother priest, the blessed Fr. Joseph Huneycutt. Here is the information. If any of you are planning to come, let me know.

Adam & Eve and Other Married Couples
A Day Retreat for Orthodox Christian Couples
Led by Fr. Joseph Huneycutt

August 16, 2008

St Joseph Orthodox Church
10644 Hammerly Blvd
Houston, TX 77043


SCHEDULE

9:00 am – Gathering, Snack & Introductions

9:15 am – Marriage Workshop

11:15 am – Break

11:30 am – Akathist to the Theotokos

LUNCH

1:00 pm – Holy Scripture & Marriage

1:45 – Break

2:00 – The Church Fathers & Marriage

2:45 – Break (time for reflection, fellowship and/or confession)

3:15 – Debriefing, Q & A

4:00 pm – Concluding Prayers, end of Retreat


Cost: $40 per couple before August 1; $60 per couple if postmarked after August 1.

For more information, contact Fr. James Early at: fatherjames7 at yahoo dot com.

3 comments:

Molly Sabourin said...

That sounds so dreamy!

Fr. James Early said...

Yes, I believe that it will be just dandy! As the Beatles once said, "A splendid time is guaranteed for all!" Right, Fr. Joseph?

Fr Joseph Huneycutt said...

You know, I never was much of a Beatles fan -- but my 14 year old daughter is!

I look forward to it, Fr James.

Pray for me.

(As MC Hammer once said: "We got to pray just to make it today!")