Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christ is Born!



Thy Nativity, O Christ our God, hath shined upon the world the light of knowledge; for thereby, they that worshipped the stars were taught by a star to worship Thee, the Sun of Righteousness, and to know Thee, the Dayspring from on high. O Lord, glory be to Thee.
(Troparion of the Nativity)


Today the virgin giveth birth to Him Who is above all being, and the earth offereth a cave to Him Whom no man can approach. Angels with shepherds give glory, and magi journey with a star. For our sake is born a Young Child, the Pre-eternal God!
(Kontakion of the Nativity)


Wishing you a blessed Nativity Feast from the Early family: Fr. James, Kh. Jennifer, Audrey, Courtney, Beth, and Christine.

I'll be traveling over the next few days, so it will be well into next week before I make my next post. May the Lord bless you all.


Christ is Born! Glorify Him!

2 comments:

charlene said...

Father James,
I hope Christmas season is blessed and filled with joy for you, Jennifer and all the girls.
I miss my church family, but will be back Sunday night.
Father John (Magnus) reminds me that St. Augustine's is my "church home away from home", and he and the congregation welcome me with love and kindness and a real feeling of being part of them whenever I am in Denver. I am doubly blessed to be a part of two such wonderful congregations.
In Christ,
Charlene

Molly Sabourin said...

I also hope you had a joyous and peace filled Christmas with your family!