Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Hale Baptisms


As I mentioned a couple of days ago, Jennifer and I were blessed to gain five new godchildren this past Saturday -- Clint, Debbie, Becky, Joey, and Tommy Hale. I had a friend take a few photos and videos. Unfortunately, most of the photos didn't turn out very well. I'll post the good ones and then the video of the actual baptism. Clint, I have some other videos that capture other parts of the service as well, so remind me, and I'll put them on a CD for you and give them to you soon.

In the Baptism video below, the first boy being baptized is actually not a Hale, but the son of another parishioner. After that, the order of baptisms is as follows: Becky, Joey, Tommy, and Debbie. Unfortunately, the camera's batteries gave up the ghost right before "Big Daddy" Hale was about to get into the baptismal font (i.e., the horse trough). But I can promise you that he really was baptized. He waited a long time--six years--for this. As you can no doubt tell from the video, baptisms are a very joyous occasion at St. Joseph's.


The first photo was taken before the soon-to-be-illumined had renounced the Devil and spit on him. This one was taken right after that important event.



Here is a video of me performing the anointing with oil (well, part of it, anyway) prior to the Baptism.






Hale Anointing from Fr. James Early on Vimeo.

And here are the actual baptisms (again, minus Big Daddy's), performed by our pastor Fr. Matthew, assisted by Deacon Meletios. You can see my beautiful wife Jennifer in the background.




Hale Baptism from Fr. James Early on Vimeo.


It was truly a joyous occasion for all. If you have a minute or two, why not send Clint a congratulatory email at hale.clint at gmail dot com. I'm sure he would appreciate it.


May all the blessings of Pascha be on you and yours.

8 comments:

Clint said...

Whoo Hoo! See, we really did it!

Fr. James, I would really love to have any and all pictures of the event that we can find. Since we were all to scatterbrained to bring out camera, we will rely on others' kindness.

Thanks again.

Rachael said...

Oh! Seeing these pictures brings back memories. :) How beautiful.

Many years to Clint and family!

Deborah said...

It will be a memory that I'll cherish forever!

Yes, we would really appreciate any and all pictures. I still can't believe that I forgot to bring our camera.

We love you guys!

Fr Joseph Huneycutt said...

I assume you held the baptisms when you did to commemorate Christ's descent into Hale. Yes?

Fr. James Early said...

Lol..that's a good one, Fr. Joseph! I hope you sent a congratulatory email to Clint. He's waited a long time...

Clint said...

Heh, heh... That is a good one Fr. Joseph.

See, you become Orthodox and get a whole new layer of jokes about the last name...

That is good, because we exhausted all the protestant ones years ago.

Debbie got tired of me saying we were going to give our children the middle names of "goeta" or "burnin" and was about ready for something new....

Fr Joseph Huneycutt said...

Yes, well, leave it to a guy named Huneycutt (I remember elementary school all too well) to have fun with someone's last name.

Many years!

charlene said...

We at St. Joseph's are certainly blessed to get to keep this bunch. Hail, hail to the healthy and hearty family of Hales!
charlene