Thursday, November 19, 2009

Bosnia, Fourteen Years After the Dayton Agreement



I have often given some thought to occasionally writing a few blog posts about our experiences in Bosnia, where we lived from March of 1997 until April of 2001 (with a break of about eight months in 1998). Of course, I have written a little about it, both in this blog and in my book, but I left out much. Would any of you be interested in hearing more about this?

A parishioner of mine recently sent me a link to a video of a segment that aired on PBS last night. The video is a report on how on the 14th anniversary of the signing of the Dayton Agreement, which ended the Bosnian civil war, there has been little improvement in the political situation. The video is very well done, if a little biased against the Serbs. It is about 10 minutes long, but if you can spare the time, it's well worth the watch. It has some good footage of Sarajevo and Banja Luka, two of the three cities we lived in there. By watching it you will get a little of a feel for the country that impacted our lives so much. Enjoy.

2 comments:

Clint said...

I always love reading about these things. So my vote is yes for more...

Fran Presley said...

I agree with Clint. It would be very interesting to hear about more of your experiences in Bosnia. Pictures would be good, too!