Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Hiatus


You have no doubt noticed that I have barely posted anything since the first of February.  Now that I am the interim pastor at St. Anthony the Great Antiochian Orthodox Church in Spring, my workload has increased immensely.  So, both the blog and the podcast are about to go on hold for a while, probably until the summer.  I am going to try to post something on the blog from time to time, but realistically speaking, it will be little or nothing.  I just don't have time any more.  Please pray for me.  In the mean time (to quote the governor of California), "I'll be back!"

(Having said that, do be sure and check back from time to time.  The final installment in James Hargrave's series will be posted soon, and I'm sure that Clint "Slim Daddy" Hale will have a few thoughts from time to time as well).

May the Lord bless you all.

8 comments:

charlene said...

Father James,
Your smile, good cheer, and rich chanting voice are already missed at St. Josephs, as well as your inspiring blogs. May God be at your side.
charlene

elizabeth said...

You are in my thoughts and prayers! May God give you the strength wisdom and peace during this time and support for your family! :)

rjhargrav said...

God's strength with your new assignment in Spring! I'm sure the faithful of St. Anthony's are grateful.

James the Thickheaded said...

Fr. James:

I am delighted to see/read/hear that you have the opportunity to serve your own parish. May you, your family and your new parish family prosper together in the vineyards of the Lord! And may you find your way through the pulls of so many vocations as well.

s-p said...

May God bless your ministry in Spring. There's a couple folks whose blogs used to come from there. Tell them s-p says "hey".

Sophocles said...

I just had a chance to "get away" for awhile. I went up to a mountain lodge near Las Vegas. One of the reasons for my blog(for me) is to reflect on the books I have read and post on them. Well, I had fallen so far behind doing this that a stack of books was sitting in front of my computer. I halted my reading for a time not to fall further behind.

Anyway, I used my time snowed in to catch up on the book stack and took a lot of notes on all of them and refreshed myself.

One of those books is yours, Father, "From Baptist to Byzantium". I really enjoyed reading through it again and not too long from now I will post on it on my blog. I'll let you know.

May our Lord bless your ministry!

In Christ,

Fr. James said...

Lord have mercy on you!

Katrina said...

Best wishes to you and your family Father James!