Monday, April 5, 2010

Christ is Risen!


I'm baaaaaaaaaaaack!  First of all, let me wish you a kali anastasi! (Good Resurrection, or, roughly translated into western language, "Happy Easter!")

Lent, Holy Week, and Pascha at St. Anthony's in Spring were wonderful but (as they were for most everyone) grueling.  Now that I can take a breath and relax a little, I thought I would try to start blogging again.  I have several interesting articles and photos that other people have sent me, and I will share some of them with you.  Then, next week, I will start posting more reflections on the Scriptures--this time on the Epistle of St. Peter.

Next Sunday, April 11 (St. Thomas Sunday) will be my last Sunday at St. Anthony's.  I will miss my dear friends there, but at the same time I'll look forward to being reunited to my friends at St. Joseph's.   The new pastor of St. Anthony's, who will take over on the 12th, is Fr. Anthony Baba.  He is a native Houstonian, a life-long Orthodox Christian, and a son of St. George's here in Houston.  He is a graduate of Holy Cross Orthodox School of Theology and has been serving as the diocesan youth director for the Diocese of Wichita and Mid-America in the Antiochian Archdiocese.  I have known him for several years and have nothing but respect for him.  He is young and energetic, and I think he will be an outstanding pastor.


Axios!  (Fr. Anthony with Bishop +BASIL)

For now, I'll leave you with some photos of his ordination to the Holy Priesthood, which occurred just this last March 21st here at St. George in Houston.  Next time, I'll share some photos from recent events.

He is worthy!

1 comment:

elizabeth said...

Christ is Risen!

Welcome back Fr. James! :) Happy Bright Monday!!