Monday, May 30, 2011

We Must Never Forget...

This was written by Fr. James last year for Memorial Day. It is reposted at his request:


We must never forget to remember and honor those who have given all to preserve our freedom.  The above photo of a recent military funeral, which I stole from Byzantine, TX, reminds my of my father's funeral, which occurred almost six years ago.  Most of you have read my tribute that I wrote to my father and posted on this blog.  If you never have, please click here to read it.

Please also enjoy the following video, which is a tribute to World War 2 veterans like my father.  The video, featuring the beautiful WW2 standard We'll Meet Again, brought chills to my spine when I watched it.  Enjoy the video, and say a prayer for our fallen heroes.


1 comment:

Joel said...

Father James,
I confess, this song is on my ipod. My father served in the Navy during WWII and this song was popular during those years. He always described the prevalent thought during that time to be that once you shipped, out most guys figured they would never get back to the U.S.alive. He made it but the song reminds me of him,that sentiment and that era.